Perry and David talk about novels which blur the boundaries between genres: literary novels with strong elements of fantasy or science fiction. We can call them “genre adjacent” fiction.
- Children of Men by P. D. James (00:23)
- Never Let Me Go & The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro (00:52)
- Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan (04:34)
- A Superior Spectre by Angela Meyer (08:28)
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami (07:36)
- The Animals in that Country by Laura Jean McKay (08:27)
- The Second Cure by Margaret Morgan (00:57)
- Human Croquet by Kate Atkinson (10:19)
- The Rain Heron by Robbie Arnott (08:43)
- What the Wind Brings by Matthew Hughes (12:43)
- Interview with Matthew Hughes (21:09)
- Windup (01:44)
Photo by Emma Bauso from Pexels
Note: some links above are to Amazon.com. We receive a small affiliate commission for any purchases you make on Amazon via such links.