Forty-three stories of speculation and fantasy by David R. Grigg, exploring the future and the past, the horrific, the humorous, the mysterious, the fantastic, and the merely disturbing.
- Awakened from a terrible dream, a young woman strives to avoid a tragedy in real life.
- Driving alone through the dark night, a photographer encounters extraordinary reminders of his dead wife.
- A teenage boy sees faces everywhere he looks. He is always in the midst of a crowd. An ugly crowd.
- A king driven mad by an ancient prophecy forces his queen to live in terror for their unborn child.
- An old man, once a famous concert pianist, struggles to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.
- Two hikers crossing a moor come across an unexpected and ultimately terrifying obstacle.
- An academic dismissed from his position encounters support from a very unusual source.
- A wealthy industrialist thinks he has found a way to leave his troubles behind, but has he?
- A young woman flees a collapsing civilisation, only to find herself in a harsher world, facing a terrible dilemma.
…these and many other stories will keep you thinking for days.
|Kindle version available through the Amazon Kindle Store for USD $2.99.|
|Kobo version available in the Kobo Books store for USD $2.99.|
|Epub version (suitable for other ereaders): Via Gumroad, or Smashwords for USD $2.99.|
|Paperback version (400 pages) available from Amazon for USD $16.00. Also available at Book Depository for USD $23.68 (but with free shipping).
Note that Australian readers may save money on the paperback version by ordering direct from the author (AUD $18.00 + $8.50 shipping via Australia Post). Contact us if you want more than one copy or require shipping outside of Australia.